Your Space (Marches) Limited were awarded a massive £499,924 grant to provide a range of services for young people aged 0-25 who have autism and/or related conditions, and their families living in Wrexham and the surrounding area. Services will include a sit-in service, respite, family support, teenage youth club, family days out, and community training.
Gwobrwywyd £499,924 i Your Space (Marches) Limited i ddarparu ystod o wasanaethau ar gyfer pobl ifanc 0-25 oed sydd ag awtistiaeth a/neu gyflyrau cysylltiedig, a’u teuluoedd, sy’n byw yn Wrecsam a’r cylch. Bydd y gwasanaethau’n cynnwys gwasanaethau aros i mewn, seibiant, cefnogaeth deuluol, clwb ieuenctid i bobl yn eu harddegau, diwrnodau allan i’r teulu a hyfforddiant cymunedol.
Further details on this project
We have some brilliant news!
Our application for lottery funding for our new range of extended services for the next 5 Years has been success.
Thank you to all those families that filled out our questionnaire at the end of last year. This really helped us to justify the need for this project and we are certain that this contributed to our success.
The extended services include: –
- A sit in service – Where a Your Space Activity Worker will travel to the family home to look after a child with ASD enabling the family toy go out or have respite at home. There will be a small cost for this service and it will need to be booked in advance.
- A respite service – Where a Your Space Activity Worker will collect the child (and a friend). from their home to take them to an activity, such as swimming. Again there will be a small cost for this service and it will need to be booked in advance. (All contributions received will be reinvested into this project).
- Family Outreach Service – Fully qualified and experienced Family Outreach Workers, will support families dealing with the challenging situations; offering practical and meaningful support such as helping with the statementing process, attending important meetings and offering advice and guidance. They will also continue to run the parent support group.
- Teenage Youth Club – Running once a week in partnership with the National Autistic Society, Activity workers, will develop and run the sessions; supporting the development of participants and encouraging more physical activity which will help with mental well being.
- Family days out – once a month, Your Space and the National Autistic Society will arrange a family day out. this will be supported by three Activity Workers and activities will generally be low cost and families will need to provide their own transport however:- Twice a year, the project will cover the cost of a coach for a day trip further afield; and four times a year, the project will cover the cost of a family activity.
- Bespoke training – Your Space will facilitate and provide bespoke training to families, professionals, and organisations in the community. Our recent courses have been extremely popular and we are so pleased to be able to continue to offer these.
We have already worked with a number of parents and individuals to design this project and the next step is to form a project board with representation from families and individuals with ASD.
These individuals will help us to develop our service quality criteria, to ensure that we are providing a high level of service.
We need help from families and individuals with autism to help us determine and monitor the quality of the service we provide and to be a part of our project team board. Please let us know if you would like to do this.
We are very excited to begin work on this project and look forward to working with you to deliver a project that will make a real difference in the lives of everyone affected by Autistic Spectrum Conditions.